Goodness me, it seems that twenty-one secrets of a happy marriage are still not enough for some of you! Frankly, if your marriages are that unhappy, ladies, have you considered drowning the obnoxious little git? And men – well, you can just drown yourselves, can’t you? Try not to make a mess.
Anyway, for those without access to conveniently uninhabited locations with deep water, here are yet another seven secrets for a happy marriage.
1. If she wants to try something new in the bedroom, try to put up with it without complaining, even if it’s not really your thing.
2. If you unexpectedly find a sex toy in her drawer, just put it back the way you found it and don’t mention it. She’s probably waiting for the right time to introduce it into your lovemaking.
3. If she’s really angry about something you’ve done, she probably won’t mention it immediately. She’ll wait until she thinks the time and place are just right, so the two of you can discuss it properly.
4. Sometimes women won’t directly say what it is they really want to try in your lovemaking… but they’re sending out subliminal signals all the time, if you can only learn to tune into them!
5. Many men dread those long moments of silence, when she’s really annoyed and you’re waiting for her to start talking about it. But don’t. That silence helps. It gives you both the time to think about what’s happened – and what’s going to happen now. And then in a few moments, you can both devote yourselves to trying to make your relationship work better. And that’s something to look forward to. Isn’t it?
6. Too many men rush straight for the flower stall when they know they have an upset wife. Sure, all girls like to receive flowers from time to time, but if it’s a substitute for understanding her anger, don’t expect your two dozen long-stemmed roses to solve the problem. You’ll probably end up making things worse – especially for yourself.
7. Mornings matter. What’s the first thing you do together each day? Think about how you can use it to tell your husband what you think of him, especially after a night of lovemaking.